Kirby’s Flooring is a locally owned family business that has been providing our community with quality workmanship and guaranteed installations for more than 30 years.
Hardwood Floor and Laminate Care & Maintenance
- Sweep or vacuum the floor regularly to keep it clean and free of dust, sand and other abrasive materials
- Place area rugs or doormats at entryways to help prevent sand, grit, oils, dirt and other abrasive or staining materials from being tracked onto the floor surface from outdoors. (Avoid rubber-backed or similarly dense matting materials that may trap moisture between the mat and the floor; choose mats that enable airflow instead.)
- Place protective mats at high-use work areas such as sinks, ranges, service counters and workstations
- Protect the floor from any exposure to liquids, water and other forms of moisture. Blot up any spilled food, drink or other liquid immediately
- Ensure that environmental conditions are maintained with a temperature of 65-75OF (18-24OC) and humidity at 35-55% at all times. Hardwood flooring reacts to changes in the environment. Excessive heat or dryness can result in gapping or splitting; excessive humidity can result in cupping. Gapping, splitting, cupping or other problems resulting from exposure to improper environmental conditions are not covered by the product warranty
- Put felt protector pads on the feet of all furniture, display stands, file cabinets and other accessories that will be placed directly onto the floor surface. Inspect regularly for wear and replace as necessary
- Avoid letting sharp or pointed objects come into contact with the floor surface. Do not walk on the floor with high heeled shoes, sports cleats, or other types of footwear which may damage the finish or cause indentations to the surface
- Pets’ nails will scratch and mark the floor surface. Keep pets’ nails trimmed to minimize damage to the surface
- Do not drag, push or roll appliances, furniture or any heavy object across the floor. Use heavy duty moving mats, dollies, or other moving aids to protect the floor surface
- Hardwood flooring will naturally undergo a change in color as it adjusts to the ambient light conditions of the installation environment. The degree of color change varies by species. To ensure a uniform change, it is recommended that you do not place area rugs on the new floor for sixty days after installation. Thereafter, periodic re-arrangement of furniture and area rugs will help ensure that your flooring colors evenly
- Do not use any household cleaners, oils, soaps, waxes or any abrasive materials or scouring agents on the floor
Luxury Vinyl Plank & Tile
Special Financing Options
We have financing options over 3, 6, 9 or 12 months - no pay no interest OAC offers. We accept cash, cheque, debit, Visa and Master Card.
Monday to Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Sunday - Closed
We are proud to offer quality workmanship in every project and would like to share with you the kind words from our satisfied customers. Kirby's would like to say a big thank you to each and every customer who has supported us through our 30+ years!
They are second to none. Please feel free to use my name as recommendation for any of your future or current clients. I too will highly recommend you to any person looking for carpet/flooring installation. Thanks again. You’re the greatest.
As a designer, I have dealt with numerous companies and Kirby’s Flooring is top notch. Your service was prompt and courteous and most importantly, you are a pleasure to work with. I look forward to working with you on many upcoming projects. Thanks again. You’re the greatest.
We sincerely appreciate the way you conduct business,the quality of work, and your professional manner. Our Club has beautiful floors to admire for many years to come! Thank you!